Sunday, October 20, 2013

BLOG 6

Group: Carolina, Jaleel, Silvia
 
Group Question: Is the teacher giving the student the option to express his/her own ideas or implementing his/her own?

                In order to answer the above question we would have to first think about the ideas being expressed on these comments. What exactly is the teacher asking? How effective are these comments? How can I use these comments effectively in my paper? How much of my paper and own ideas would I have to change in order to comply with the teacher and myself?

Category of analysis:

In order to determine effectiveness I would see how my ideas and the teacher comments can be linked together. Also, are these comments motivating my writing and giving me the extra push in order to come up with a better piece of writing or am I discouraged after reading these comments. Effectiveness will also be determined by how positive the comments are because if they are negative than the whole purpose of the comments will fail.

Purpose:


                When comments become negative their purpose becomes defeated. While motivating students teachers have to be careful of how critical they're with the student and grading their work. Thus, the teacher must motivate a student who doesn't understand a certain assignment in a certain way. When a teacher does this they might implement their own ideas into a students work to give the student an idea to get their creative juices flowing. While doing this a teacher should be careful on doing this so that the student isn't depending on the teacher for ideas on assignments and the student could do their work on their own. Comments are meant to be positive and for encouragement, the tone and questions asked in a comment can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment