Tuesday, October 8, 2013

BLOG 5

1. Identify your focus:

My focus for my research project will be on "teacher bias"

2: Identify your research question:

I want to really dissect the topic of teacher bias. I want to learn about how this effects the students, the teachers, and the school as a whole. Where does it stem from? How are teachers supposed to teach about being equal and fair if they have conflict themselves. I want to focus on college students and their experiences from the past or present in which they felt a teacher was bias against them. With that, I would like to focus on college professors and if they have any bias. They've had years of teaching experience and are probably comfortable discussing. I would like to have interviews and compare and contrast. Hopefully, this will narrow down where it stems from and how it affects everyone; even future students if we are in the field of teaching.

3. Who has studied this:

I have not found anyone in particular that has studied this since I just narrowed down my topic. I will be researching articles on teacher bias, what information was analyzed, and what gathered.

4. What I need to find out:

Information that was gathered and what was concluded from this topic.

5. What I need to do to gather information:

I will need to look at facts, articles, and or surveys done on this topic. I feel like this is a domino effect and teacher bias affects a lot. I will work with new teachers vs teachers who have a lot of experience and compare and contrast their experiences and or they've gone away. I will be interviewing college students who can recall past experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment