Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog 1

Hello, everyone!

Just about everything is interesting to me... from celebrities to crime scenes. I can thank reality t.v and SVU for those! When it comes to being realistic as to what would be beneficial to research, it would have to be special needs children.

I am a special education major and have always wanted to work with special needs kids since I was a kid myself! Not only do I have a nephew who is autistic, I currently work in a school where I experience different types of children. What I've learned most about teaching in a classroom is that everyone learns differently. With that said, if something is not working, you have to change and accommodate to each student until what you are teaching becomes successful. That has been the biggest learning curve for me. When it comes to special needs children, they are ALL different from one another. I believe some people have a misconception of them being all the same. You learn about the disorders and they're symptoms and can't help but group them as the "same".

Nonetheless. I would love to research what might allow these children to open up, would you do when dealing with an outbreak, etc. All of this information would be extremely beneficial to me and my field. I've already had so much hands on learning experiences in the classroom. This would just be the icing on the cake to learn more about special needs children. So much is involved to teaching them and it's important to be thoroughly prepared. What might work for one child may be a negative outcome for another. Therefore, it's important to be knowledgeable from all angles. I would love to get some new tips myself for my current students!

No comments:

Post a Comment